It is true. Our success is found in our daily routine. At the top of our list is providing outstanding customer service. One way we achieve this is by providing content to our community to help them thrive when it comes to plumbing repairs or wisdom on this important topic. We offer great plumbing repairs and water heater solutions. Enjoy the article below.
How to remove water stains from bathroom mirror
When formed on the mirror, water stains are stubborn and do not get removed easily. The first thing you should do is prevent water stains. You can do this in different ways. You can prevent water stains from appearing by getting a high-quality mirror or by cleaning the mirror now and then.
When the water stains are formed, you can remove them easily by using household items like lemon juice, detergent, dishwashing powder, etc.
Best ways to remove water stains you should know about
There are many ways through which you can remove water stains from the bathroom mirror easily. Most of these ways involve household items. The best way, which people recommend the most, is by using baking soda.
1. Baking soda
Baking soda has cleaning properties that remove hard and stubborn water stains. The following method should be used:
- First, make a paste that consists of baking soda and water.
- Apply the paste to the affected area on the mirror.
- Leave the paste for 30-40 minutes.
- When the paste dries up on the mirror, wipe it with a microfiber cloth.
2. Lemon juice
Citric acid is very helpful in removing hard water stains. Lemon juice has citric acid and cleansing properties. Lemon juice is also used for cleaning the bathtub. Due to its acidic properties, it is best for removing water stains from the bathroom mirror. The following method should be used:
- Mix lemon juice and water well together.
- The mixture should contain 75% lemon juice and 25% water.
- Apply the mixture on the water stains with the help of cotton.
- Wipe away the mixture by using a clean, dry cloth.
3. Can White vinegar Remove Stains?
Yes, it can remove water stains from the mirror and can remove water stains while in combination with baking soda as well. White vinegar works best when they are in combination with baking soda. White vinegar is used when the water stains are very tough. The following method should be used:
- Make a spray that consists of white vinegar and distilled water.
- You can use a paste as well to remove water stains.
- The paste consists of white vinegar, baking soda, and distilled water.
- For spray, apply it directly on the water stains and use a microfiber cloth to rub away the stains.
- For the paste apply the paste and then leave the paste for 30 minutes and then wipe away the paste with a clean, dry cloth.
4. Lubricant spray
Lubricant spray can also help to remove stubborn water stains. WD-40 is a famous lubricant and a degreaser spray. WD-40 removes all kinds of stubborn water stains and is also easy to use. Apply the spray on the water stains and then use a dry cloth to wipe away the spray leaving the mirror spotless and stainless.
Count on us to deliver when you need water heater repairs and plumbing services.
5. Isopropyl alcohol
Isopropyl alcohol is also known as rubbing alcohol and is great for removing stains. They are very easy to find and come in handy in removing water stains. They are very affordable as well. The following method should be used:
- Mix 4 parts of water with one part of isopropyl alcohol.
- The mixture formed is applied to the affected area with the help of a cotton swab.
- As we know, the alcohol evaporates, so the mixture removes the water stains and leaves behind no residue.
- If the stain is very tough, apply some of the mixtures more with the help of the cotton swab.
Detergent is another household item that has cleansing properties. Due to its cleansing properties, detergent can easily remove water stains from the mirror. The following method should be used:
- Add 1 tablespoon of detergent to a sufficient amount of water.
- Mix the water and detergent properly.
- Soak a clean cloth in the mixture and apply it to the affected area.
- With the help of a microfiber, scrub the affected area.
- When the water stain is removed, clean the mirror with a clean, dry cloth.
It is important to know how much we can help you overcome plumbing problems. Get started by giving us a call, whether it is for plumbing repairs or water heater services.
If you don’t have baking soda at home, you can use toothpaste as an alternative. Toothpaste has ingredients that have cleansing properties. The following method should be used:
- Take a moist or half-wetted cloth and apply toothpaste to it.
- Take the cloth and rub it all over the affected area on the mirror.
- Wait for some time so that the toothpaste gets dry.
- After the toothpaste dries, wash away the toothpaste on the mirror with a water or vinegar mixture.
8. Dishwashing powder
Dishwashing powder has the best cleansing property. It can remove stains very easily. The following method should be used:
- Take one tablespoon of dishwashing powder and add it to sufficient water.
- Mix it properly so that all the powder is dispersed in the water.
- Take a clean, dry cloth and soak it in the mixture.
- Now rub the cloth on the affected area until the stain is removed.
- When the stain is removed, wash the mirror with water and dry the mirror with a dry cloth.
9. Salt and water
You can also use a mixture of water and salt to remove water stains from the mirror. Salt can penetrate a stain and can cut it down.
- Mix water and salt properly, and then use a cloth to soak it.
- Apply the soaked cloth to the affected area on the mirror and rub it until the mirror is stainless.
- In the end, rinse the mirror with water and dry it with a cloth so that all the residues are cleared off
10. What About Ammonia?
Ammonia can supercharge regular mirror cleaners. It alone can also remove water stains from the mirror. Ammonia is dangerous and should be handled with care. The following method should be used:
- Make a mixture of water and ammonia.
- Soak a clean cloth in the mixture.
- Apply the soaked cloth on the affected area and rub it.
- Rinse the mirror with water and dry it with a cloth.
You can easily remove the water stains from the bathroom mirror by following the methods mentioned above. Water stains, if not removed at a proper time, get stubborn and ruins the beauty of the mirror. Bathroom mirrors should be cleaned daily so that water stains don’t appear.
There are many outstanding plumbing companies in Tulsa. Call us today for plumbing repairs and water heater solutions.
In all, we are excited to serve you for plumbing repairs and water heater solutions. Call our great team today!
Today’s Fun Fact:
Acts of Service Plumbing is a Christian owned company. Discover why at About Us | Plumbing Tulsa | Acts of Service Plumbing today!
Our clients love our workmanship. One of them is: Paul Davis Corporate – Restoration and Emergency Service Provider